Episode 7: Show Notes
The creative process is one of the most misunderstood, overlooked, and underappreciated processes on the planet. Monette Satterfield joins us to discuss this deceptively simple approach. She shares insights on overcoming potential roadblocks, puts the time frame in perspective, and demonstrates how we can use it in business to grow our profit. All with references to the Most Quotable Movie.
A process for creativity – smart or sacrilege? Listen in and decide for yourself.
Links from the show
- Creativity Bonus Sign-up Page: http://shinydesigns.com/shiny-designs-sign-up-page
- Monette’s blog post about the creative process: http://shinydesigns.com/creative-process-4-understandable-necessarily-easy-steps-1794
- John Cleese on creativity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMpdPrm6Ul4
- More on creativy, The Gap by Ira Glass: https://vimeo.com/85040589
- Cornstarch recipe for Non-Newtonian Material: https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/non-newtonian-fluid/
Guest Bio: Monette Satterfield
Monette is a modern day creative muse. Unlike the fickle ancient muses, she’s more reliable and easier to talk to. Her varied background, from science through business to art and writing has honed an unusual combination of creative curiosity and rational thinking.